If you have a doctoral degree in psychology and have not previously been registered as a psychologist in any jurisdiction, you must apply for a certificate authorizing Supervised Practice.
Or, if you have a doctoral degree in psychology and have been registered as a psychologist in a jurisdiction where the requirements are not equivalent to Ontario registration requirements, you must apply for a certificate authorizing Supervised Practice.
In order to expand upon the information in the Registration Regulation, further details about the requirement for registration, the registration process, and the application procedure are available in the Registration Guidelines: Psychologist – Supervised Practice.
The Registration Guidelines are intended to help give applicants an idea of the steps involved in becoming a psychologist and whether they are likely to meet the requirements for registration.
- A – Introduction, B – Terms of Reference, C – Overview of Requirements
- D – Registration Process
- E – Academic Credentials
- F – Authorized Supervised Practice
- Requirements for Issuance of a Certificate for Supervised Practice
- Supervision – Duties and Responsibilities of Supervised Members
- Supervision – Duties and Responsibilities of Supervisors
- Supervised Practice in a Private Practice Setting
- Amount of Authorized Supervised Practice Required
- Designation of Supervised Members
- G – Examinations
- Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP)
- Jurisprudence and Ethics Examination (JEE)
- Oral Examination
- H – The Controlled Act of Communicating a Psychological Diagnosis
- I – Guidelines for Completing the Declaration of Competence
- J – Guidelines for Training Plans for Supervised Practice Members
- K – Autonomous Practice Psychological Associate Members Applying for Registration as Psychologists
- Appendix A – Fees in the Registration Process
- Appendix B – Timelines in the Registration Process
- Appendix C – Definition of Practice Areas
- Appendix D – Core Competencies for Professional Practice in Psychology
- Appendix E – Criteria for Evaluation of Good Character
- Appendix F – Language Fluency Policy
- Appendix G – Examination Accommodation Policy
Registration Committee Dates
Additional submissions for files scheduled for review by the Registration Committee must be received 10 days in advance of the meeting date.
If you are submitting an application for registration for the first time please note: new applications for either Supervised Practice or Interim Autonomous Practice are first reviewed by the Registrar, not the Registration Committee.
- January 28 & 29, 2021
- March 25 & 26, 2021
- May 13 & 14, 2021