The Registration Administrator reports directly to the Director, Registration. The Registration Administrator is responsible for handling preliminary inquiries about the registration process and provides administrative support to the team.
The College of Psychologists of Ontario is the governing body for Psychologists and Psychological Associates in Ontario. The College’s role is to regulate the provision of psychological services in the public interest by setting the standards for competent and ethical practice.
The College is currently seeking a detail-oriented, quick learner who is self-motivated for the role of Registration Assistant. This is an entry-level position and requires administrative background with excellent organizational and time management skills.
The Registration Assistant reports directly to the Director, Registration. The Registration Assistant is responsible for handling preliminary inquiries about the registration process and provides administrative support to the team.
- Provides preliminary information to applicant, members, and stakeholders about registration.
- Processes incoming registration documents.
- Drafts routine correspondence.
- Processes registration applications and provides feedback on application status and missing documents required to meet eligibility requirements of the certificate.
- Responds to queries and provides detailed information about Registration policies and procedures, as well as Public Register information to stakeholders.
- Supports other registration needs as directed, such as assisting in preparation of communications or meeting materials.
- Identifies problems or opportunities for potential improvement and offers solutions.
- Responds to queries by email, phone and in-person, and provides detailed information regarding Registration policies and procedures, as well as public register information to stakeholders.
- Prioritizes inquiries by urgency and importance.
Data/File Maintenance & Information Support
- Completes data entry and ensures that electronic files and database records are accurate and current.
Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years office experience in an entry level position. Recent graduates will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality front-line services.
- Positive attitude and pro-active work ethic
- Strong problem-solving and advanced organizational skills to support multi-tasking.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to work independently and to perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to consistently exercise good judgment.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Fluency in French an asset
Terms and Salary
- This is a full time permanent position
- Start date: March 2023
- As per the College’s compensation framework, salary will be in accordance with the years of experience, skills, and qualifications. The starting base salary is $48,500
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter, highlighting related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 13, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
No phone calls please.
The College of Psychologists of Ontario requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to the Government of Canada’s guidelines; or have a valid Human Rights Code based exemption and provide documentation establishing the exemption.
The College welcomes unique contributions in terms of opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA) all requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the recruitment and hiring process.