The College of Psychologists is actively reviewing the COVID-19 situation and will provide updates as they are available.
The Ministry of Health has information for health care providers and provides daily updates every weekday at 10:30am: Ministry of Health COVID-19 Guidance for the Health Sector
Recent Communication from the College:
College Office to Move to Remote Service – How to Contact Us
May 27, 2020 – COVID – 19 Information for Members
- Revised Directive #2
- COVID-19 Operational Requirements: Health Sector Restart
- Physical Distancing
- General Office
- Resource – COVID Guidance: Essential Workplaces
May 14, 2020 – COVID – 19 Information for Members: Return to Work Planning
- Announcement Re: Stage 1 Openings
- Physical Distancing
- Resource – COVID-19 Guidance: Essential Workplaces
April 20, 2020 – COVID – 19 Information for Members: Frequently Asked Questions
- In-Person vs Remote Services
- Hospital-Based Services
- Personal Use of One’s Office
- Emergency Services: Recordkeeping
- Emergency Services: Supervision of Non-Regulated Providers
April 8, 2020 – COVID – 19 Information for Members
- Health Care Provider Recruitment by the Ministry of Health
- Further Information on Closure of Non-Essential Businesses
- Redeployment Requests Made of Members by Employers
March 30, 2020 – Important Fee Payment and Renewal Information
- Fee Deadline Extended to August 1, 2020
- Renewal Deadline for Practice Update Form Remains June 1, 2020
- Changing Your Certificate of Registration
March 23, 2020 – COVID-19 Information for Members
- Directive from Chief Medical Officer of Health
- Health Care Provider Recruitment
March 22, 2020 – COVID-19 Information for Members
- Psychological Services by Out of Province Practitioners to Clients Temporarily Relocated to Ontario
- Continuing Professional Development Requirements and Deadlines
- Information from the Canadian Psychological Association
March 17, 2020 – COVID-19 Information for Members
- An Introduction to Telehealth
- Release of Personal Health Information to Public Health Officials
- Links to Official Websites
March 16, 2020 – COVID-19 Information to Members
- Practitioners to Make Decisions Regarding Continued In-Person Service
- College Offices Closed and Meetings to be Held Electronically, When Possible
March 13, 2020 – COVID-19 Information for Members
- Official Websites
- Client Screening
March 6, 2020 – COVID-19 Information for Members
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Canadian Government
- American Psychological Association
Frequently Asked Registration Questions:
- I have some questions about my application, who should I contact?
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’d like to send some registration information / documents / forms to the College, how should I do that and who should I send it to?
The College is expecting to experience disruptions in mail service and is unable to receive courier packages. Please send documents to email@example.com.
- Are the College’s Oral Examinations cancelled?
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the College will not be offering the in-person Oral Examinations as we normally would.
The College does not wish to cancel the Orals but rather has decided to move them to a virtual administration for those candidates who wish to participate in this way.
- I need to take the EPPP , are the testing centres open?
UPDATE: The College is aware that some Pearson Vue testing centres in Canada have re-opened with limited availability.
Pearson Vue continues to update its website with information as it becomes available Check Pearson Vue’s website for updates: https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update
Please also visit the Association for State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB) https://www.asppb.net/page/pearsonCOVID19updates
Please watch this space for announcements.
- I have not yet received my wall certificate. When can I expect it?As staff have been working remotely since mid-March, the College has been unable to produce wall certificates for new members and corporations. These certificates require special printing and original signatures. We will be sending these out at the earliest opportunity, however we do not have a date when they will be available.
- Will the Jurisprudence and Ethics Examination (JEE) still take place in September 2020?
Please click here for an update about the Fall JEE administration.