Nominations are now being accepted for the Council elections being held on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. The three-year term of the newly elected Council members will begin on June 18, 2021; the first scheduled Council meeting following the election. The College encourages and welcomes all members from the eligible districts to consider this opportunity to serve the public interest and contribute to the profession.
ELECTIONS WILL BE HELD FOR THE FOLLOWING DISTRICTS:
- Electoral District 5 (GTA East): This district is composed of the addresses within the City of Toronto which have postal codes beginning with M1, M2, M3, and M4, and the City of Vaughan, Town of Richmond Hill, Town of Markham, City of Pickering, City of Ajax, Town of Whitby and City of Oshawa.
- Electoral District 6 (GTA West): This district is composed of the addresses within the City of Toronto which have postal codes beginning with M5, M6, M7, M8, and M9 and the City of Mississauga and the City of Brampton.
- Psychological Associate (Non-Voting): This seat is elected from the constituency of all Psychological Associates. Please note this is a separate seat from District 7 (Psychological Associate) for which an election was held in March 2020.
To check your voting district, log into your account and view the “My Profile” section.
IMPORTANT DATES IN THE ELECTION PROCESS:
- December 15, 2020 – Nominations for elections open
- February 12, 2021 – Eligible voters notified of Candidates nominated to date
- March 1, 2021 – Last day to submit nominations for election. Candidates to submit one-page Candidate Statement/Biography
- March 15, 2021 – Voting site link with Candidate Statements/Biographies sent to eligible voters
PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATES PLEASE NOTE:
Psychological Associates may choose to vote in their geographic district or District 7 (Psychological Associate). Please check your current voting district by logging into your account and viewing the “My Profile” section. Your current voting district and the date when this may be changed is listed in the Member Information section.
If you are a new Psychological Associate, please use the Psychological Associate Declaration Form to declare your voting preference – geographic district or District 7. If no Declaration is made, you will automatically be assigned to District 7.
Please note: All Psychological Associates are eligible to vote in the election for the Psychological Associate (Non-Voting) seat taking place this March.
- Election to Council 2021 Webpage
- Nomination Form District 5
- Nomination Form District 6
- Nomination Form Psychological Associate (Non-Voting) Seat
- Election Bylaw
- Psychological Associate Declaration Form
Questions? Email Caitlin O’Kelly at email@example.com or call 416-961-8817 ext. 228