THE COLLEGE IS NOT YET ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION OF BEHAVIOUR ANALYSTS.
The College is pleased to announce the Ontario Government’s approval of the regulations made under the Psychology and Applied Behaviour Analysis Act, 2021, for the profession of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). Additional registration information, updates and FAQs can be found here.
More detailed Registration Guidelines and Policies are under development.
UPDATED: June 2023
The proposed entry level route to registration is for applicants who are not eligible to apply for a Certificate of Registration for a Behaviour Analysts Authorizing Autonomous Practice under the Transitional Routes to registration. Entry level applicants must satisfy the following requirements in order to be issued a Certificate of Registration for a Behaviour Analyst Authorizing Supervised Practice.
- Post-graduate degree from a Canadian university together with successful completion of recognized coursework in behaviour analysis or;
- Post-graduate degree from an accredited program in behaviour analysis or;
- Equivalent post-graduate degree together with recognized coursework in behaviour analysis or;
- Education and training in ABA considered to be substantially similar to 1.
Applicants with a Certificate of Registration for a Behaviour Analyst Authorizing Supervised Practice will be required to complete the following:
- 1,500 hours of Supervised Practice
- A Jurisprudence and Ethics Module
- An Examination of knowledge or competence
Once the above requirements have been met, the College will issue a Certificate of Registration for a Behaviour Analyst Authorizing Autonomous Practice to the applicant.